Sunday, September 20, 2009

Ace of Cakes...

Ladies and gentlemen, I have found a new love! No, it's not a boy... it's cake decorating!


So this week has been a week of birthdays and what's a birthday without CaKe?! Noting my apparent craftiness, my friends commissioned me to sort of head up the cake department for our friends' special days and I immediately went BoNkErS! Well, let's allow the cakes to speak for themselves...

This is 'Clarence', our dinosaur cake, that was made for Alex Hale's birthday.


This is Po from 'Kung Fu Panda'! I made this cake for Brad Beaufort's birthday.


And, my personal favorite, a Minnie Mouse inspired cake for my dear friend Kristin.

I seriously cannot explain to you how much fun I've had making these cakes! I can't wait for the next birthday!!


8 comments:

Zobell said...

Holy cow. Those are amazing. That Minnie Mouse one is rocking.

Mary Killion said...

I LOVE THE PO CAKE! hahaha
Send one our way for Chris's birthday on Oct. 23 ;)

Jo said...

Seriously, you cease to amaze me. Really, you rock!

Brad Carmack said...

Those cakes are dang impressive!

Zee said...

One of the best jobs I have ever had was cake decorating. Your cakes are AWESOME! :) I love the Kung Fu Panda one ^.^

Kbsters said...

Thank you oh so very much for our amazing birthday cakes! Pretty much the highlight of the party. And I can attest to everyone that not only were the Po and Minnie Mouse cake stunning, but absolutely DELICIOUS as well! I love you Alex!

Jill said...

um, amazing!!!

mariah christine said...

why have i not profited from this amazing acquired talent this last year??? oh ya, i was on the other side of the world. too bad! love you mi pazza!